SKILLS & DRILLS
Looking to take your game to the next level or are you just starting the game? Either way, we offer programs all year that will help you develop into a more complete lacrosse player. Maineiax takes great pride in giving you some of the best coaching in Maine with multiple college coaches, elite high school coaches, and college players on staff to help you grow your game all fall and winter. Players within each program will be grouped by age and skill level. We promote a fun and positive learning environment while helping you get ready for your spring school season.
Tuesdays, 5:00-6:00 PM @ the Maine Athletic Complex (the MAC)
Our Skills & Drills program is for players to work on improving their fundamentals in the off-season. The hour program will be spent focusing on improving players stick work by working on both hands with lots of reps and individual feedback. No matter the players skill level, our goal is to help them improve their ball handling skills to become a better player. Players will also work on fundamental skills such as effective dodging, competitive ground balls & 50/50’s, creative shooting, defensive positioning and footwork, goalie positioning and more. All skill levels are welcome.
Players will receive some of the best coaching in Maine from college coaches to elite high school coaches. Guest appearances will be made by the following college coaches:
Brett Allen, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Bates College
Liz Grote, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Bowdoin College
Karen Henning, Head Women’s Lacrosse Coach at Colby College
September only (Sept. 4-25, 4 wks) $99
October only (Oct. 2-23, 4 wks), $99
September and October (Sept. 4-Oct. 23, 8 wks), $175
(no practice 10/30)
November only (Nov. 6-27, 4 wks), $99
November and December (Nov. 6-Dec. 18, 7 wks), $175
- Maineiax does not prorate the cost for a missed practice or for not being able to participate in a full program.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session based on skill level and/or attendance numbers.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
WHY SKILLS & DRILLS
- Smaller groups with time to break down fundamentals and improve stickwork
- Work on stick protection
- Enhance stick fakes, shot variety & shooting
- Picking up ground balls in traffic
- Defensive footwork and body positioning
The above program is played at the following three locations:
Deering High School – Leland Street, Portland (outdoor grass fields) in June and July
Maine Athletic Complex “The MAC” (formerly called 207Sports) – 1173 Riverside Street, Portland, ME in fall and winter