SKILLS & DRILLS
Looking to take your game to the next level or are you just starting the game? Either way, we offer programs all year that will help you develop into a more complete lacrosse player. Maineiax takes great pride in giving you some of the best coaching in Maine with multiple college coaches, elite high school coaches, and college players on staff to help you grow your game all fall and winter. Players within each program will be grouped by age and skill level. We promote a fun and positive learning environment while helping you get ready for your spring school season.
Our Skills & Drills program is for players to work on improving their fundamentals in the off-season. The focus will be on improving players stick work by working on both hands with lots of reps and individual feedback. Players will also work on effective dodging, competitive ground balls & 50/50’s, creative shooting, defensive positioning and footwork, goalie positioning and more. All skill levels are welcome. Recommended for all and intermediate players.
Tuesdays, 7:30-8:30 PM @ the MAC
1st-12th grades, $125
June 12 – July 17 (no practice July 3)
Tuesdays, 5:00-6:00 PM @ the MAC (1st-12th grades)
January 2 – February 6 (6 wks) $150
February 13 – March 27 (7 wks) $175
January 2 – March 27 (13 wks) $300
March only – March 6 – 27 (4 weeks): ~$99
- Maineiax does not prorate the cost for a missed practice or for not being able to participate in a full program.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session based on skill level and/or attendance numbers.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
WHY SKILLS & DRILLS
- Smaller groups with time to break down fundamentals and improve stickwork
- Work on stick protection
- Enhance stick fakes, shot variety & shooting
- Picking up ground balls in traffic
- Defensive footwork and body positioning
The above program is played at the following three locations:
Deering High School – Leland Street, Portland (outdoor grass fields) in June and July
Maine Athletic Complex “The MAC” (formerly called 207Sports) – 1173 Riverside Street, Portland, ME in fall and winter
Portland Sports Complex “The Dome” – 512 Warren Ave, Portland, ME in fall and winter