2019 BOYS MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL WORLD CUP
WHY WORLD CUP?
- Live small sided games to ensure lots of touches and improved stickwork over the course of the program….just in time for the season!
- Play with the same team each week to get comfortable with players!
- Limited number of players on teams to ensure max touches for every players.
- Increase stamina, warm up your stick and improve skills for the first day of school tryouts!
BOYS MIDDLE & HIGH SCHOOL WORLD CUP
5th – 12th Grades, $175
February 10 – March 24
Sundays, 4:00 – 5:00 pm
@ the Maine Athletic Complex (the MAC) – possible outdoor location for some March HS games
Our most popular program of the year and the perfect pre-season warm-up! 7 weeks of league play designed to get you ready for the season! All teams will play indoors at the MAC and the field will be split into two fields for small sided games with a MS field and HS field. This live play experience will ensure each player gets lots of reps while enhancing game awareness, speed and improving stick skills & lacrosse IQ.
Players may request to be on a roster with a friend(s) and each player will be assigned to one country team to play on for the duration of the program. Rosters will be capped at a certain number to maximize reps for each player. Scores will be recorded and playoffs will be the last Sunday to determine winners! 1st place teams will be named with the winner being given the World Cup Trophy! Players must wear a reversible pinnie (available at registration) OR teams may decide on same color tee-shirts to wear.
- 10 minute warmup/drills, 50 minute live small sided game each week.
- All games will be played at the MAC each week (possible outdoor game if needed).
- Please be warmed up and ready to play at the start of your time slot!
- This program is subject to change based on registration numbers.
- No discounts for missed Sundays or cancellations due to weather.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players (at additional cost) for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
- Our coaches will be in charge of 3-4 minute sub rotations for all teams; we strive for even playing time for all players.
- All players should wear a reversible pinnie (if you ordered a Maineiax pinnie, please bring your own if you have one in case we run out before new shipment arrives) OR a team color tee shirt.
- Players cannot play without appropriate equipment and mouthguard.
The above programs are played at the following locations:
Maine Athletic Complex (The MAC) – 1173 Riverside Street, Portland, ME (MS & HS)