Maineiax Lacrosse Club
MAINEIAX BOYS PROGRAMS
Maineiax is thrilled to announce the relaunch of boys lacrosse beginning in September 2018! Maineiax was founded as a girls and boys lacrosse club and we’re excited to bring the boys game back! Our strong brand, excellent communication, elite coaching and prime location are just a few things we know you’ll love about Maineiax boys lacrosse!
Looking to take your game to the next level or are you just starting the game? Either way, we offer programs all year that will help you develop into a more complete lacrosse player. Maineiax takes great pride in giving you some of the best coaching in Maine with multiple college coaches, elite high school coaches, and college players on staff to help you grow your game all fall and winter. Players within each program will be grouped by age and skill level. We promote a fun and positive learning environment while helping you get ready for your spring school season.
DIRECTOR OF BOYS PROGRAMS
Peter Lasagna is currently the head coach of men’s lacrosse at Bates College, where he’s spent the last 18 years. He is a 3-time NESCAC Coach of the Year award-winner, has led the Bobcats to 7 appearances in the NESCAC Championships and 2 appearances in the NCAA Tournament and his team was ranked No. 1 in Division III during the 2017 season. Other accolades include being named the “Walter Alessi Man of the Year” by the New England Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association and NEILA’s Division III Co-Coach of the Year award in 2017 and Division I Coach of the Year by the United States Intercollegiate Lacrosse Association in 1994 while coaching at Brown University. Coach Lasagna is also a well-known voice in the collegiate lacrosse community as the back-page columnist for the award-winning magazine Inside Lacrosse since 2001.
To learn more about Coach Lasagna and our boys coaching staff, click here. (Photo courtesy of Bates College)
- We take pride in how we run our club; we offer superior organization, consistent and efficient communication, and high level instruction under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- Every grade AND player matters. No matter the age, each player receives elite coaching from our college and high school coaches. You’ll learn from some of the best coaches in Maine!
- We believe in the growth of Maine lacrosse. We believe in our Maine players and want to help them get to the next level, create mentors for them & watch them have fun while learning!
Our Skills Training program is for players to work on improving their fundamentals in the off-season. The hour program will be spent focusing on improving players stick work by working on both hands with lots of reps and individual feedback. Grouped in small groups, we’ll break down fundamentals and work on stickwork, stick protection and enhance skills. No matter the players skill level, our goal is to help them improve their ball handling skills to become a better player. Players will also work on fundamental skills such as effective dodging, competitive ground balls & 50/50’s, creative shooting, defensive positioning and footwork, goalie positioning and more. All skill levels are welcome.
Our Positional Training is designed to provide players with an opportunity to receive position-specific training in an environment that focuses on the teaching, development and application of skills & concepts. The hour program will be spent focusing on learning positional techniques and strategies as players are grouped by position (attack, midfield, defense and goalie). Through active & consistent participation, players will improve their overall ability at their position, while also learning techniques at other positions! This program is open to all skill levels.
ELITE TRAINING ACADEMY
Looking for a more advanced Skills Training program!? Our Elite Training Academy is designed to help you get your game to the next level in the offseason! The pace will be high-intensity reps as players rotate through stations to work on wall ball routines & competitions, speed training & fitness and game awareness in live small sided games on the field. Prime360 (http://www.prime360training.com) will work with our players on agility, footwork and building strength and conditioning!
MAINEIAX PREMIER LEAGUE (MPL)
Our Maineiax Premier League is a weekly pickup game where players will play a full field live game! This program is designed to help get players stick and stamina in top shape in the off season and before the spring season. The hour includes playing a live game with high-intensity reps, lots of touches with the ball and fast-paced action while being coached through team concepts on the field. During the game, players also work on speed, stick skills, and game awareness. Don’t miss this fun hour of play!
BOYS WORLD CUP
Our most popular program of the year and the perfect pre-season warm-up which includes league play designed to get you ready for the season! All teams will play indoors at the MAC and the field will be split into two fields for small sided 4v4 games. This live play experience will ensure each player gets lots of touches with the ball while enhancing game awareness, speed and improving stick skills & lacrosse IQ.
BOYS SUMMER & FALL TRAVEL TEAMS
Lacrosse is so much more than a sport. Our biggest goal is to help grow the game of boys lacrosse in Maine and to help our players improve! Maineiax uses lacrosse to build friendships, teach life long lessons, create gateways to college, and provide an experience you cannot find anywhere else. Our travel teams are for players looking for more than just pick-up leagues. We practice and train to build fundamentals and game knowledge to become the best players, teammates and people as possible. Our mission at Maineiax is to develop and improve individual players to help them reach their fullest potential. We emphasize team play and camaraderie by working together to become a better all-around lacrosse player.
- We offer superior organization and consistent & efficient communication
- Become a more competitive player
- Improve stick work & fundamentals while working on team concepts
- Play as a team not only as great individual players
- Compete against regional and national club teams
- High level instruction by elite college and high school coaches & recent top college players under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels
- Maineiax does not prorate the cost for a missed practice or for not being able to participate in a full program.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session based on skill level and/or attendance numbers.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
The above programs are played at various locations. For more information, click the link below.