Maineiax Lacrosse Club
BOYS TRAVEL TEAMS
Lacrosse is much more than a sport. Maineiax uses lacrosse to build friendships, teach life long lessons, create gateways to college, and provide an experience you cannot find anywhere else. Our travel teams are for elite players looking for more than just pick-up leagues. We practice and train to build fundamentals and game knowledge to become the best players and teammates as possible.
Our mission at Maineiax is to:
- Develop and improve individual players to help them reach their fullest potential.
- Emphasize team play and camaraderie to become better all-around lacrosse team players.
- Play at some of the best regional tournaments.
- Superior organization with consistent and efficient communication.
- High level instruction (college & elite HS coaches) under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- Season dates: Summer (June -July), Fall (September-November) and Winter (January-March)
2024 Travel Tryouts @ Maine Athletic Complex
2027-2034s (rising 3rd-10th grades)
- Help grow the game of boys lacrosse in Maine
- Have players become more competitive, improve their stick work, be pushed to their full potential and grow their confidence
- Become more competitive against regional and national club teams
- Keep players from the same town together while also exposing them to new teammates from other towns
- Meet the needs of every player in our program
- Encourage school sport and multi sport participation
- Play 100 days of lacrosse per year (includes school and rec programs)
- Participate in league pick up games as opportunity to play with less coaching and structure
- At the MS level, attend US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments with the goal of qualifying for the US Lacrosse National Tournament.
TRAVEL DETAILS (2027-2034s)
- Our goal for travel is to help each player improve within a team environment, while also setting teams up for success at tournaments. As a result, Maineiax reserves the right to change the travel team model after tryouts to meet those goals.
- The number of teams is based on the number of players participating. For middle school teams, we typically group teams by grades and skill level. Maineiax reserves the right to alter grade levels for each team based on the players who make it.
- 1-2 hour practices that include individual and team feedback. Packages includes 8-10 practices & 2-3 tournaments.
- All players receive a shooting shirt. Uniforms are ordered by families at additional cost.
- We are constantly evaluating if a player is getting challenged enough or is in over their head. If a player needs to be moved up or down, we will discuss with coaches and parents and move them to a more appropriate age group to ensure their development – even if it’s mid program.
- All players must attend a tryout. Those not qualified to participate in tournaments, will be asked to be a practice player or participate in another Maineiax program as we have a place for every player and offer a variety of programs.
- Each team has team parents who help organize tailgates and hotel blocks at tournaments, weeks and months in advance.
- Maineiax assumes that all travel players will participate in most practices and most tournaments.
- We do not prorate costs for missed tournaments or practices.
- All players must tryout. $50 tryout fee is included in travel package.
- All players must be registered to try out.
- Summer travel players have a spot on our fall roster but should try to attend the fall tryout.
We take pride in giving players the best coaching possible, while growing the game in Maine and having as much fun as possible. We take the time to communicate our goals and expectations to our staff while helping them develop into the best coaches and mentors they can be. Our coaching philosophy includes:
- Each travel team has two coaches (mix of college & elite HS coaches) who offer high level instruction under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- Coaches are supportive to players & families while fostering teamwork and player development.
- Coaches are energetic, positive, engaged and present.
- At tournaments, coaches meet their team 1 hour before the first game to set goals and warmup. In between games, coaches meet with their teams to discuss goals met and areas for improvement.
- Coaches send pre tournament emails about goals and also send a short tournament recap about the team’s experience within 48 hours of the weekend.
- Cell phones are only used during practice to keep time for stations, to take video analysis of players or to take photos for the the website and social media.
Maineiax is committed to keeping the price of travel affordable to every Maine family. A study conducted in 2017 by TD Ameritrade found that the cost of competitive or elite teams was on average up to $500 per month, per child with over 20 percent of teams costing $1,000 per month. The cost for club soccer teams ranges from $2,500 to $5,000 per year.* We are below the national average for lacrosse clubs. *Source: USA Today
The cost of Maineiax travel covers the following: coaches salary, facility fees, tournament fees, training camp, travel gear, and administrative fees. We want all Maine players to have access to our travel teams so if you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please email email@example.com.
Travel Team Packages:
All packages include a $250 deposit at registration which includes a non-refundable $50 tryout fee. Players who do not make the team or decide not to play will be refunded minus the $50 tryout fee. You have the option to pay in full OR pay deposit + 4 installments at the end of the registration process.
- A $250 deposit (includes the non-refundable $50 tryout fee) is due at registration.
- Payment is collected in installments automatically through the registration system.
- We offer sibling discount and scholarships. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- To check your balance and to pay in full click the registration button below.
- All Summer Travel players have a roster spot on our Fall team. If you plan to play both seasons, register for Summer + Fall to receive the 10% discount.
2024 SUMMER PRACTICES
Practice Schedule (subject to change):
Practice schedule TBD. Boys teams will practice 4 times in the spring (April and May) and teams will have 10 summer practices, twice during the week from June 11th through July 18th.
Falmouth Community Park: 19 Winn Road, Falmouth. 1A is very first field, 1B is middle set of fields and 1C are the last fields
North Yarmouth Academy: 148 Main Street, Yarmouth (grass and turf)
Memorial Stadium: Leland & Ludlow Streets, Portland (turf field behind Deering High School, parking on Leland Street or by grass fields)
Deering Grass Field: Presumpscot Park, Portland (grass field behind Deering High School; the parking lot is off Leland Street.
2024 SUMMER TOURNAMENTS
- Teams attend 2-3 regional tournaments during each season.
- Travel expenses (transportation, meals, hotels, etc.) are NOT included in travel fee and players are responsible for arranging them and getting to tournaments on their own.
2024 FALL PRACTICES
Practice schedule TBD.
North Yarmouth Academy: 148 Main Street, Yarmouth (grass and turf)
Maine Athletic Complex: 1173 Riverside Street, Portland (indoor turf)
2024 FALL TOURNAMENTS
- Maineiax travel teams are recommended for experienced players.
- We do not offer discounts for missed practices or tournaments.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
- Summer Training Camp is recommended for summer players.
- Absences must be communicated beforehand so we can plan accordingly.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session.
The above program is played at the below locations.