Maineiax Lacrosse Club
2020 BOYS TRAVEL TEAMS
Lacrosse is much more than a sport. Maineiax uses lacrosse to build friendships, teach life long lessons, create gateways to college, and provide an experience you cannot find anywhere else. Our travel teams are for elite players looking for more than just pick-up leagues. We practice and train to build fundamentals and game knowledge to become the best players and teammates as possible.
Our mission at Maineiax is to:
- Develop and improve individual players to help them reach their fullest potential.
- Emphasize team play and camaraderie to become better all-around lacrosse team players.
- Play at some of the best regional tournaments.
- Superior organization with consistent and efficient communication.
- High level instruction (college & elite HS coaches) under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- Season dates: Summer (June -July), Fall (September-November) and Winter (January-March)
Maineiax is creating an operating plan so that we are able to provide the safest and healthiest environment for our players and staff. Please understand that in doing so, there may be changes to our standard operating procedures in each program to keep our players and staff safe.
- Help grow the game of boys lacrosse in Maine
- Have players become more competitive, improve their stick work, be pushed to their full potential and grow their confidence
- Become more competitive against regional and national club teams
- Keep players from the same town together while also exposing them to new teammates from other towns
- Meet the needs of every player in our program
- Encourage school sport and multi sport participation
- Play 100 days of lacrosse per year (includes school and rec programs)
- Participate in league pick up games as opportunity to play with less coaching and structure
- At the MS level, attend US Lacrosse sanctioned tournaments with the goal of qualifying for the US Lacrosse National Tournament (our girls 2023 team has qualified for Nationals this summer!)
TRAVEL DETAILS (2024-2028s)
- The number of teams is based on the number of players participating. For middle school teams, we typically group teams by grades and skill level. Maineiax reserves the right to alter grade levels for each team based on the players who make it.
- Players participate at 3 regional tournaments during the season. Tournaments for summer 2019 are TBD based on COVID-19 guidelines.
- 2-hour practices that include individual and team feedback. Summer package includes 12 practices, summer training camp practices (no camp summer 2020) & 3 tournaments. Our fall package includes 7 Sunday practices plus 3 tournaments. Winter travel practices TBD.
- Each player fills out a goals sheet during the season and coaches will provide each player with specific feedback at the end of the season.
- All new players receive game jerseys and shorts. All players receive a shooting shirt.
- Summer Overnight Training Camp is recommended for all summer travel players. Players will spend two days together at Bates College working together, getting to know each other and having fun! More information can be found here. Summer camp for summer 2020 has been canceled due to COVID-19 state guidelines.
- We are constantly evaluating if a player is getting challenged enough or is in over their head. If a player needs to be moved up or down, we will discuss with coaches and parents and move them to a more appropriate age group to ensure their development – even if it’s mid program.
- All players must attend a tryout. Those not qualified to participate in tournaments, will be asked to be a practice player or participate in another Maineiax program as we have a place for every player and offer a variety of programs.
- Each team has team parents who help organize tailgates and hotel blocks at tournaments, weeks and months in advance.
- Maineiax assumes that all travel players will participate in most practices and most tournaments. Players receive even playing time at tournaments, however, a player will get no game minutes if they have not attended any practices.
- We do not prorate costs for missed tournaments or practices.
TRYOUT INFORMATION: SATURDAY, JUNE 6
- 2024 & 2025s: 9:00-10:30 am | 2026-2028s: 10:45-12:15 pm
- Tryouts will take place on outdoor grass fields at Falmouth Community Fields (19 Winn Road, Falmouth)
- All players must tryout and pay the one time $25 tryout fee at registration.
- All players must be registered to try out.
- Summer travel players have a spot on our fall roster but should try to attend one fall tryout in September.
We take pride in giving players the best coaching possible, while growing the game in Maine and having as much fun as possible. We take the time to communicate our goals and expectations to our staff while helping them develop into the best coaches and mentors they can be. Our coaching philosophy includes:
- Each travel team has two coaches (mix of college & elite HS coaches) who offer high level instruction under a model that meets the needs of all ages and ability levels.
- Coaches are supportive to players & families while fostering teamwork and player development.
- Coaches are energetic, positive, engaged and present.
- At tournaments, coaches meet their team 1 hour before the first game to set goals and warmup. In between games, coaches meet with their teams to discuss goals met and areas for improvement.
- Coaches send pre tournament emails about goals and also send a short tournament recap about the team’s experience within 48 hours of the weekend.
- Cell phones are only used during practice to keep time for stations, to take video analysis of players or to take photos for the the website and social media.
Maineiax is committed to keeping the price of travel affordable to every Maine family. A study conducted in 2017 by TD Ameritrade found that the cost of competitive or elite teams was on average up to $500 per month, per child with over 20 percent of teams costing $1,000 per month. The cost for club soccer teams ranges from $2,500 to $5,000 per year.* We are below the national average for girls lacrosse clubs. The cost for girls lacrosse clubs in New England range from $975-$10,000. Examples of certain clubs in the following states include: NH clubs ($975-$1750), MA clubs ($1300-$10,000) and CT clubs ($1200-$1475) plus tournament fees up to $200 per tournament. *Source: USA Today
The cost of Maineiax travel covers the following: coaches salary, facility fees, tournament fees, training camp, travel gear, and administrative fees. We want all Maine players to have access to our travel teams so if you’d like to apply for a scholarship, please email email@example.com.
Summer Travel Cost:
Summer Travel Player (2024-2028) = $575 + $25 tryout fee
*Additional $75 per tournament added later if tournaments take place this summer.
Fall Travel Cost:
- All players must tryout and pay the one time $25 tryout fee at registration.
- A $250 deposit is due at registration and is refunded if the player doesn’t make the team (minus the $25 tryout fee). Full payment is due by June 30th for summer players and October 15 for fall players.
- We offer payment plans, sibling discount and scholarships. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire.
- Deposits and partial payments can be paid here. Checks should be mailed to Maineiax Lacrosse Club, 36 Bruce Hill Rd, Cumberland, ME 04021.
- To check your balance and to pay in full click the registration button below.
Falmouth Community Fields: 19 Winn Road, Falmouth, ME (go to second set of grass fields)
Deering High School: Presumpscot Park, Portland, ME (behind Deering High School, the parking lot is off Leland Street)
Memorial Stadium: Leland & Ludlow Streets, Portland, ME (behind Deering HS, parking on Leland Street or by grass fields)
Fitzpatrick Stadium: 239 Park Ave, Portland, ME
North Yarmouth Academy: 148 Main Street, Yarmouth, ME
More info can be found here.
Boys Practice Schedule (subject to change):
June 23 @ Falmouth Community Fields, 4-6 pm
June 25 @ Falmouth Community Fields, 3-5 pm
June 28 @ Falmouth Community Fields, 2:30-4:30 pm
June 30 @ Falmouth Community Fields, 4-6pm – Canceled due to weather
July 6 @ Memorial Stadium, 6-8 pm
July 8 @ Fitzpatrick Stadium, 5-7 pm
July 13 @ Memorial Stadium, 6-8 pm
July 15 @ Deering High School, 5-7 pm
July 17 @ Falmouth Community Parks, 3-5 pm – rescheduled from 6/30
July 20 @ Fitzpatrick Stadium, 4-6 pm
July 21 @ Fitzpatrick Stadium, 4-6 pm
July 27 @ Memorial Stadium, 5-7pm
July 28 @ North Yarmouth Academy, 5-7 pm
- Travel expenses (transportation, meals, hotels, etc.) are NOT included in travel fee and players are responsible for arranging them and getting to tournaments on their own.
- Tournaments are still TBD based on COVID-19 restrictions.
STOWE FESTIVAL I: July 18-19, Stowe, Vermont (https://www.bitterlacrosse.com/stowe-lax-festival-i)
PRIMETIME SHOOTOUT: July 23, Lancaster, MA (https://primetimelacrosse.com/event/primetime-shootout)
LEGACY INVITATIONAL: July 30-31, Lancaster, MA (https://www.legacylacrosse.org/2020)
- Maineiax travel teams are recommended for experienced players.
- We do not offer discounts for missed practices or tournaments.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
- Summer Training Camp is recommended for summer players.
- Absences must be communicated beforehand so we can plan accordingly.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session.
The above program is played at the following locations (unless noted):
Memorial Stadium – Leland & Ludlow Street, Portland (outdoor Fieldturf)
Fitzpatrick Stadium – 256 Deering Ave, Portland, ME (outdoor Astroturf)
Maine Athletic Complex or “The MAC” – 1173 Riverside St, Portland (indoor FieldTurf)