2018 MIDDLE SCHOOL & HIGH SCHOOL WORLD CUP
THIS PROGRAM WILL SELL OUT! PLAYERS ONLY HAVE A ROSTER SPOT WHEN REGISTERED & PAID IN FULL!
- No discounts for missed Sundays or cancellations due to weather.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session based on skill level and/or attendance numbers.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
8 weeks *1 Game Each Week * Game times rotate each week
Sundays @ the MAC, Dome or Bates College
February 4 – March 25, $175
- Middle School World Cup (6th-8th): 2:00-4:00 pm @ the MAC
- High School World Cup (9th-12th): 4:00-7:00 pm @ the Dome (Feb. 4, 11, 18, 25 & March 11) and 1:00-5:00 pm @ Bates College (March 4, 18 & 25)
- Note: High school teams get 1 bye week when playing at Dome (so each HS team will play 4 weeks at Dome and 3 weeks at Bates
Our most popular program of the year and the perfect pre-season warm-up! 8 weeks of strict league play designed to get you ready for the season! This live play experience on a full indoor or outdoor field will ensure each player gets lots of touches with the ball while enhancing game awareness & speed and improving stick skills & lacrosse IQ. Players may request to be on a roster with a friend(s) and each player will be assigned to one country team to play on for the duration of the program.
Each team will play one 45 minute game each Sunday with a referee. HS teams will get one bye week when playing at the Portland Sports Complex. Scores will be recorded and playoffs will be the last Sunday to determine winners! 1st, 2nd & 3rd place teams will be named with the winner being given the World Cup Trophy! Players must wear a reversible pinnie (available at registration) for all games or teams may decide on same color tee-shirts to wear.
6 teams max for MS and 10 teams max for HS (each HS team gets one bye week when playing at Sports Complex) – we will close registration once rosters are full!
Teams are responsible for arriving 20 minutes early to warm-up (stretch & stickwork) off the field before games begin as they will start promptly at time listed to stay on schedule
Strict league play with the 1st place team winning the Maineiax World Cup Trophy! Spirit Awards will be given for the most country culture and Spirit shown while they play
Roster spots are first come, first serve! Even if you’re registered, we will not hold your roster spot unless you are paid in full
- 45 minute on full indoor or outdoor field
- Players must arrive 20 minutes early each week to warm up off field so ready to start at game time
- No halftime
- Our coaches will be in charge of 3-4 minute sub rotations for all teams
- High school games will be played with new 2018 rules
- No jewelry and players must wear a mouthguard and googles
- All players must wear a reversible pinnie (available at checkout) or same color tee-shirt as team
- Note game times rotate weekly so please read weekly schedule carefully
WHY WORLD CUP
- The best pre-season in the state of Maine!
- 8 weeks of friendly competition!
- A full live game each week with the same team!
- Increase stamina, warm up your stick and improve skills for the first day of school tryouts!
The above programs are played at the following three locations:
1) Maine Athletic Complex “The MAC” (formerly called 207Sports) – 1173 Riverside Street, Portland, ME (MS only)
2) Portland Sports Complex “The Dome” – 512 Warren Ave, Portland, ME (HS only)
3) Bates College – outdoors on Garcelon Field or indoors in Merrill Gym, 136 Central Ave, Lewiston, ME (MS & HS)