2021 BOYS WORLD CUP
WHY WORLD CUP?
- Live small sided games to ensure lots of touches and improved stickwork over the course of the program….just in time for the season!
- Play with the same team each week.
- Limited number of players due to COVID and to ensure max touches for every players.
- Increase stamina, warm up your stick and improve skills for the first day of school tryouts!
February 21 - March 28
Divisions: Youth (3/4) & MS (5/6, 7/8), HS (9-12)
1 weekly game with same team
BOYS WORLD CUP
Sundays, February 21 – March 28 (6 weeks)
@ The Maine Athletic Complex, 1173 Riverside St, Portland
Our most popular program of the year and the perfect pre-season warm-up! 6 weeks of league play designed to get you ready for the season! Teams will play indoors at the MAC and the field will be split into 2 fields for small sided 5 v 5 games. This live play experience will ensure each player gets lots of reps while enhancing game awareness & speed and improving stick skills & lacrosse IQ.
Players may register as a free agent or request to be on a roster with a friend(s) and each player will be assigned to one country team to play on for the duration of the program. Rosters will be capped at 10 players due to COVID and to maximize reps for each player. Scores will be recorded and playoffs will be the last Sunday to determine winners! Players must wear a reversible pinnie (available at registration) OR teams may decide on same color shirts to wear.
- There is limited individual coaching during this program with the focus being more on team concepts. For more individual coaching, please see our Wednesday night programs here.
- All games will be played at the MAC each week.
- This program is subject to change based on registration numbers.
- No discounts for missed Sundays or cancellations due to weather.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players (at additional cost) for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
- 5 v 5 (includes goalies)
- Turf field split into 2 fields, play sideline to sideline
- Players play all field positions and all players can go over midfield line
- Faceoff after third goal / clears from crease in between faceoffs
- 2 pass rule once team gains possession
- Field 1 (close field), Field 2 (far field)
- Small goals for all teams
- All players must wear facemasks
Grades: 3rd & 4th
Sundays, 4:00-5:00pm, $150
MIDDLE SCHOOL DIVISION:
Grades: 5th/6th, 7th/8th
Sundays, 5:00-6:00pm, $175
HIGH SCHOOL DIVISION:
Sundays, 6:00-7:00pm, $175 (7pm time slot will be added if needed)
- Our coaches will be in charge of 3-4 minute sub rotations for all teams; we strive for even playing time for all players.
- All players should wear a reversible pinnie (if you ordered a Maineiax pinnie, please bring your own if you have one in case we run out before new shipment arrives) OR a team color tee shirt.
- Players cannot play without appropriate equipment and mouthguard.
- Maineiax does not prorate the cost for a missed practice or for not being able to participate in a full program.
- Maineiax reserves the right to change a program at any point or move players to a different program during the session.
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
The above programs are played at the following locations:
Maine Athletic Complex (The MAC) – 1173 Riverside Street, Portland, ME (MS & HS)