Maineiax Lacrosse Club
2018 FALL & SUMMER TRAVEL TEAMS
Lacrosse is so much more than a sport. Maineiax uses lacrosse to build friendships, teach life long lessons, create gateways to college, and provide an experience you cannot find anywhere else. Our travel teams are for players looking for more than just pick-up leagues. We practice and train to build fundamentals and game knowledge to become the best players and people as possible. Our mission at Maineiax is to develop and improve individual players to help them reach their fullest potential. We emphasize team play and camaraderie by working together to become a better all-around lacrosse player.
The Maineiax travel program gives players an opportunity to play at some of the nation’s top events and to learn from the best coaches in the area (college and high school coaches). This format gives players the opportunity to train, practice, and play at the next level, while having as much fun as possible. We have travel teams for elite athletes seeking college recruitment* as well as competitive players who simply want to play beyond the fields in Maine. Our high school teams will play at events flooded with college coaches and recruiters. Competing at some of the most competitive recruiting tournaments in the country will give them the opportunity to be seen and recruited* by NCAA DI, DII & DIII coaches.
2018 TRAVEL DETAILS: 2019-2026s
Our biggest goal is to help grow the game of girls lacrosse in Maine and to help our players improve! We help them to become more competitive, improve their stick work, be pushed by teammates around them, while also becoming more competitive against regional and national club teams.
Our travel teams are mixed rosters at all grade levels where players are placed on a team by ability AND grade. They can move up or down based on practice and game performance and measured standards (i.e. stick work routines, etc.) The number of teams is based on the number of players that season. Those who are not seen as qualified to participate in tournaments, even if they were on a travel team previously, will be asked to be a practice player or participate in another Maineiax program. We have a place for every player, so we welcome all players to tryout as we will have a variety of programs offered.
We understand schedules are busy, however, Maineiax assumes that all travel players will participate in most practices and most tournaments. Players will not be allowed to only play in tournaments and will get no game minutes if they have not attended any practices. We do not prorate costs for missed tournaments or practices.
All players must try out during a 2018 winter program or attend our spring 2018 tryout (date tbd). All players must be registered to tryout and pay a $25 tryout fee, no exceptions.
2018 PAYMENT INFORMATION
High School – 2019-2022: 2018 cost TBD
Middle School – 2022-2025: 2018 cost TBD
Summer 2018 information coming soon!
- A $250 deposit is due at registration and will be refunded if the player does not make the team.
- The remaining balance is due on June 1st & July 1st for summer players and September 15 & October 15 for fall players.
- Deposits and partial payments can be paid here. Checks should be mailed to Maineiax, 36 Bruce Hill Rd, Cumberland, ME 04021.
- To check your balance and to pay in full click the Registration button above.
PRACTICES & TOURNAMENTS
Summer: Practices are during the week from mid-June through mid-July with tournaments on the weekends.
Fall: Practices and tournaments are on every Sunday from early September through mid-November.
Tournament schedules are TBD but will follow a similar timeline to the following:
- We do not offer discounts for missed practices or tournaments
- US Lacrosse membership is required for all players for insurance and liability purposes, no exceptions.
- All teams will attend 3 regional or national tournaments (at least one IWLCA recruiting tournament for high school teams each season)
- 2-hour practices include individual and team feedback
- Each player will fill out a goals sheet during the season and coaches will provide each player with specific feedback at the end of the season
- Each player receives one new piece of gear while new players get a game jersey and shorts
- Recruiting and college guidance for high school players include on the field conversations with Lauren, Brett or Heidi, college search Q&A for parents and players and recruit email templates and advice. For additional advice and individual meetings at an additional cost,please contact Lauren Reid Kane at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Summer Training Camp is recommended for summer players at additional cost
- Travel expenses (transportation, meals, hotels, etc.) are not included in travel fee and players are responsible for arranging them and getting to tournaments on their own
- Absences must be communicated beforehand so we can plan accordingly
- The practice player cost is $599 (HS players) and $499 (MS players). These are players who the coaches determine are more fit to practice only or who don’t want to travel to tournaments.
- Maineiax does not guarantee you will be recruited. Many intangibles are involved in the recruiting process. The most appealing factor to college coaches are good grades, sportsmanship, the ability to be a good teammate while also being a top player.
- Maineiax travel teams are recommended for experienced players.
The above program is played at the following locations (unless noted):
Deering High School – Leland Street, Portland (outdoor grass fields) for September and October practices
Memorial Stadium – Leland & Ludlow Street, Portland (outdoor Fieldturf) for summer/fall practices
Maine Athletic Complex or “The MAC” – 1173 Riverside St, Portland (indoor FieldTurf) for November practices
Portland Sports Complex or “The Dome” – 512 Warren Ave, Portland (indoor FieldTurf) for November practices